New clients are often sceptical that their digital forms will be faster to fill out than their traditional paper forms. But it’s true. In a digital vs paper trial, field workers found that, on average, digital forms took 40% less time to complete than their paper counterparts.
There are 6 good reasons why:
Not only is it faster to complete the forms, in today’s electronic world, it’s professional and our clients have seen dramatic increases in data quality. If you’re still reliant on paper forms to capture your data requirements and would like to see a live example of digitisation on a flexible solution, you can book in a demo with us here.
- Using drop down lists and selection fields to replace free text saves time and improves consistency.
- Forms can dynamically change depending on the circumstances, which means that irrelevant fields and pages can be hidden. Logic can be implemented to automatically guide the user through the form depending on data entered.
- Manual calculations such as risk scoring or financial assessments can be automated.
- Data fields such as the current date, time or username can be auto populated when the form is opened, saving on keying time. In addition, where data is required in more than one place on the form, it can be automatically copied across.
- Local databases can be used to retrieve customer, product, pricing or asset details. This saves on time consuming keying of regularly used information.
- Validation checks help the user input the correct data first time.